Cumann Chainnigh Naofa Dún Geimhin
GAMES PROMOTION OFFICER
Reporting To: St Canice’s GAC Coaching Committee
Location: O’Cahan Park, Dungiven
Duration of Post: 2 Year Rolling Contract
Main Purpose of the Job:
The post holder will be responsible for leading the underage games development and coaching work within the club and schools. The work programme for the post will be agreed with Dungiven Coaching committee.
Main Areas of Responsibility:
- Implement coaching in all feeder Primary schools and Secondary school
- Provide coaching support on match days for teams in schools
- Coaching and supporting of underage teams within club (U6-U12 primarily)
- Assist in developing a budget for the delivery of the annual programme.
- Running of Halloween, Christmas, Easter and Summer Camps.
- Present at Coach Education workshops as requested or within the annual plan.
- Assist in fulfilling the administration related to the Coach Education Programme and maintain records of courses and participants.
- Assist in developing relationships with key agencies in the delivery of programmes
- Work with Clubs, County Committees and Club Development Officers.
- Organise blitzes between feeder schools throughout the year
- Provide foundation level course for students in Secondary school
- Assist in developing programmes for in service of Primary and Secondary School teachers.
- Assist in the development of club coaching structures throughout entire youth system
- Delivery of development initiatives to post primary Schools
- Support and initiate Club/Schools links.
The above list is not exhaustive and may include any other reasonable duties as required and deemed appropriate to the post.
Applicants must possess:
- GAA Level 1 Coaching Award
- The ability to plan and deliver coaching sessions at a level suitable to the participating group
- The ability to work evenings and weekends when required
- Proven ability to work independently
- Excellent administration skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Excellent timekeeper and of a reliable nature
- Full driving license and access to transport
- Three years coaching experience in the past 5 years
- Knowledge of the GAA player pathway
Preference may be given to applicants with:
- A degree (or equivalent third level qualification) in Physical Education/ Sports Development or any other relevant discipline to the post
- Level 2 GAA coaching award
- Previous coaching experience at Primary School/ Secondary School level in the past three years